- Create, maintain, and govern architectural views and blueprints depicting the Business and IT landscape in its current, transitional, and future state.
- Recommend long-term direction on strategic advancements within the technical portfolio.
- Define and maintain standards for artifacts containing architectural content within the operating model.
- Offer insight, guidance, and direction on the usage of emerging trends and technical capabilities.
- Identifies, mentors and develops GDIT technical talent, defining training, career path and opportunities for advancement, including how to transform traditional IT workers/roles to support Cloud
- Architects and provides subject matter expertise in cloud solutions including lifecycle management for secure cloud-based workloads.
- Architects cloud migration solutions using proven methodologies and tools
- Demonstrates to our customers and applies a deep understanding of governance, compliance, and cyber security (ATO, System Security, Risk Management, Incident Management)
- Participates in the design of the Program’s Technical Architecture
- Helps develop the Program’s Technical Roadmap and transformational approach
- Evangelizes the architecture vision to management, stakeholders, and staff; Drives innovative thinking and processes to capture ideas
- Responsible for any needed design artifacts (some of those may be customer deliverables; some may just be for internal use based on best practices, the SDLC, and/or GDIT’s methodology.
- Collaborates closely with our leveraged service center to incubate, design, and deliver leveraged hybrid cloud offerings
- Engage and participate in the cloud community of practitioners to build a strong sense of community and provide meaningful corporate reach back
- Understands and remains current with market trends, and works with the GDIT Group CTO and horizontal support groups to define new markets by collaborating with customers, partners, and internal stakeholders to understand requirements and shape GDIT capabilities and offerings.
- Works with industry in tailoring solution and approach strategies specific for our customer’s evolving needs
- Works in collaboration with other solution architects to generate white papers, RFI, and RFP responses
- Shapes procurement through presentations and through speaking engagements
- Identifies Small Businesses with cloud skills that GDIT can partner with to improve our solutions.
- Leads and helps to build Proof of Concept offerings to demo to customers
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or equivalent work experience with 10+ years in IT
- Strong understanding of cloud technology and its implementation across major Cloud providers (ex. Azure, AWS and Google)
- Experience implementing and operating an enterprise-scale cloud, including service catalog and service enablement automation, DevOps automation frameworks, CI/CD pipelining, automated delivery models, cross-region DR and active-active architecture, tagging frameworks, audit controls using Cloud Custodian and similar tools
- Experience planning and executing the migration of enterprise IT systems and applications to cloud. Experience transforming and migrating on-prem enterprise custom developed and COTS applications to public cloud environments
- Experience with cloud native architecture and development. Proven expertise with modern architecture techniques including micro services and event driven architectures
- Strong understanding of enterprise infrastructure and application components (Servers, storage, networks, database, application Servers etc.)
- Experience creating day 1 cloud operating models with foundational capabilities and developing roadmaps to get to the desired future state operating model
- Experience developing standards and guidelines to be utilized in cloud development, integrations, and operations.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with emphasis on the ability to articulate the features and merits of cloud computing to diverse audiences.
- Working knowledge of Cloud management technologies such as ServiceNow, CloudCheckr, VM Turbo and others
- Experience developing Cloud charge back solutions
- Knowledge of PaaS offerings such as Redhat Openshift, Cloud Foundry, Docker, Kubernetes is preferred
- Deep knowledge of multiple cloud technologies such as AWS, MSFT Azure, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), and VCloud Air
- Architecting expertise with vCloud Air, and other converged infrastructure stacks such as CPS, HCP, and VCE
- Experience creating technology road maps and evaluating total-cost-of-ownership of solutions is preferred
- Experience working with appropriate programming languages, operating systems, product-line hardware and software
- Active TS/SCI w/ Poly
Note: We will have special procedures in place to protect all personnel (i.e., masks, rules regarding meetings, hand-sanitizer stations, etc.).